If you are military personnel, you should know that rest time is definitely a luxury. Even for just a couple of hours every day. So there’s nothing baffling as lying in your camping bed with your eyes shut, hoping things will not occur while you are asleep. It is also not uncommon that these soldiers might have trouble falling asleep despite how tired they are due to the stressful situation that are always in.
So, what is exactly the military secret for falling asleep fast? There is a fantastic military sleeping technique that was first introduced by the military in order to reduce soldiers from making life-threatening mistake due to exhausting. The details of such technique were written in a book Relax and Win: Championship Performance, 1981.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Loosen your facial muscles, including your tongue and jaw.
2. Relax your shoulder and let your hands rest at the side of your body.
3. Exhale deeply to relax your chest, and the rest of your lower body.
4. Clear your mind for a good 10 seconds at least.
5. Imagine one of the following relaxing scenes.
– Lying in a canoe on a calm lake, nothing but blue sky above you.
– Snuggled in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room.
– Or saying “don’t think, don’t think, don’t think” over and over for ten seconds.
For starters, try it a couple of times and without you knowing, you might fall asleep within 10 seconds. Ultimately, practice makes perfect. Do this everyday for a few weeks and you might be able to fall asleep easier every night. If it still does not work, maybe you can try coupling with some nature calming music too.
Let us know in the comment below whether if this Military Sleeping Technique works for you.